Sunday, March 13, 2016

Is That a World Tour...?


Trenchcoat: American Apparel, Bodysuit: Urban Outfitters, Pants: Missguided, Shoes: Nasty Gal

This past Tuesday was International Women's Day and I admit, I was completely oblivious of the holiday. I think it's great that women have a day to be acknowledged for all that we do, but I think we should be celebrated everyday! I love being a woman and I appreciate it more and more as I grow up. Though we go through and give so much, it makes us stronger. One of my responsibilities as a woman is to uplift other women. It's a beautiful thing when females can support and be positive towards each other. We need to eliminate this sense of competitiveness and focus on our own unique qualities that we can use to inspire one another.   

One of the things I love most about being a woman is the variety of styles and clothing we get to choose from! There are no formulas when it comes to how I dress. Some days I want to look tough (like in my previous posts) and some days I want to embrace my girly side. Pink is actually my favorite color and you can't get anymore girly than that! So you can imagine my excitement when I saw this pink mural while walking down Melrose Ave. The "Girls Tour" reference is from a Drake song with the infamous lyric: "Is that a world tour, or your girl's tour?" I think the mural is pretty clever, and it just happened to go with my earth tone inspired look.   










1 comment: