Tuesday, March 1, 2016

In-Kleined

Top: Urban Outfitters, Pants: Zara (old, get similar style here), Jacket: Urban Outfitters (old), Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (get similar style here).  Bag: Urban Outfitters

I know it's been a while since I've blogged, but I had certain reasons. Frankly, I needed to step away from blogging and social media all together. Sometimes I go back and forth on how much of myself I should reveal to the public. So this is a post in rare form, but therapeutic nonetheless. 

There is no question that I do enjoy the actual blogging process: putting looks together, taking photos, and writing about the outfits.  However, promoting my posts on social media, Instagram especially, took away the fun and added the pressure. I was receiving a strong following and response, but as I always do, I got in my own way. Tracking the likes and follows on my Instagram post gave me constant anxiety. I thought I had to continuously top myself, and would question what I was doing wrong if the responses declined.  I wondered how many of my social media followers were even clicking the link in my bio to read the actual blog post. The thing is, I never wanted or planned to be a successfully blogger, it was just a hobby.  My happiness is one of the most important things to me. Once I realized that blogging stopped contributing to that, I knew I had to reevaluate why I was doing it in the first place.

On top of all of that, so much has happened to me in my personal life that was a distraction from blogging.  I constantly over analyze and over think, but if I decided to continue, I would have to do this for me and let nothing get in my way.  Instagram could not be the determining factor of the existence of my blog. Because let's face it, social media is a growing tool for networking, but like everything else in technology, the next best thing is around the corner. We went from Myspace to Facebook, to Twitter to Instagram. Now we have Periscope (which I've yet to explore) and Snapchat (which I love.) It seems that the social media sphere is developing into the age of video, which makes me question how much of a life span Instagram, or even blogs may have.  Until then, I am going to try my very best to stay consistent with my own blog.

To any of my followers and readers who have supported me, I am extremely thankful and appreciate all of you! Just know that I am no longer the same person that started this blog. 

On a lighter note! While taking the hiatus, I of course accumulated a large number of pieces in my closet that weren't getting much use. This wasn't the deciding factor of regenerating the blog, but it gave purpose to my clothes and reminded me why I loved doing it in the first place. I really like how Urban Outfitters is collaborating with classic brands, such as Adidas, Fila, and Calvin Klein. CK has made such a huge comeback over the past year or so. Though I have to say I'm a little tired of seeing the typical bra and panty set parade my timeline. However, I am really into the collection that Urban did with Calvin. I paired this cute CK cropped tank with Zara leather culottes (that I finally got to wear) and my favorite denim jacket from Urban.  I love these calf high Dior inspired booties from Jeffrey Campbell (of course.) and I'm happy that the designer brand breathed life back into the clear heel trend!













No comments:

Post a Comment