Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Local Designer Spotlight: Nicole Shante

Living in LA, I've come across a lot of young and emerging designers that are based in this city.  I wanted to show my support for local talent by doing a feature on each designer who I have been intrigued by.

I came across Nicole Shante through my blog and was invited to attend a showcase in Downtown LA for her Resort 2015 collection. Her pieces had a confident ease about them that appealed to me. Read below to learn a little bit more about Nicole Shante:



Age: 30

Hometown: Los Angeles

When did you start designing? I've been designing since I was a little girl, but I started taking being a designer serious about 3 years ago (2011)

Who is your customer? My customer is the women who is fearless when it comes to fashion; she's confident and a risk taker.

What inspires you? It may sound crazy but Mood inspires me. When I'm working on a new collection I'm stuck in a specific mood. I adjust to that mood, the music I listen to, the food I eat, what I watch is all based on that mood.

Who is your ultimate fashion icon/inspiration? Tom Ford. I love how he plays by his own rules. I really admire that. He also dabbles in so many creative things and he has so much class! love him

What do you think every girl should have in her closet? Every girl should have a good pencil
skirt it goes along way, and a good pair of jeans, a good pair of jeans will be more loyal then a boyfriend.

Here are some images from her Resort 2015 presentation:




I loved this dress on the right!


To see and learn more about Nicole Shante go to http://nicoleshante.com



No comments:

Post a Comment