Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Local Designer Spotlight: Mariah Howell


Today's local designer spotlight is 19 year old Mariah Howell, creator of PHLO by Mariah.  Her designs instantly caught my eye because of how comfortable yet fashionable they are (which is rare to find.) Mariah's pieces are easy to throw on and will be staple pieces in any woman's wardrobe!  Her line has a variety of pieces from knit dresses to top and skirt sets and cropped puffy fleece sweaters, which are all perfect for the season. I got a chance to talk to Mariah about PHLO and of course had to snag some pieces for myself! Check out how I wore my custom PHLO in the next blog post and read my interview with her below:


When did you first start designing?
 I started designing in middle school, but started taking it seriously in Summer 2012.

Who are some of your favorite designers?
I'm obsessed with Balmain, so Olivier Rousteing, and Wang of course! [Those are some of my faves too!]

Who/what inspires you when it comes to your designs?
Originally my inspiration came from my own personal style; what I know I would love to wear and what I know other women like me would want to wear. I'm also inspired by the idea of being unique and having your own individual style.

Who do you design for? Who is your customer?
My customers are very diverse. They range from different ages and sizes with different types of styles. I'm designing for the girl who not only changes her outfit 50 times before making a decision, but the girl who gets asked what she's wearing everywhere she goes.

What's the one thing you can't live without?
My over the knee thigh high snake skin leather boots!

What's next for PHLO? What goals and aspirations do you have in store for your brand?
I plan to take PHLO as far as it can go! I plan to continue to expand and eventually build an empire.


No comments:

Post a Comment